Free Legal Service
Welcome to Nasc’s Free Legal Service.
Here you can find information on our Walk-in Legal Clinic as well as news and updates directly from the Legal Team. Click on an item in the list below to go straight to the information you are looking for:
Nasc receives no government funding and relies completely on private donations. Nasc operates a free walk-in service providing legal advice and information on a range of immigration and asylum-related issues at our office on Ferry Lane, Cork. For a map and directions, click here.
Following a consultation through the walk-in service, you may be referred for an appointment with one of our specialist legal officers if our team identifies that you have a particularly complex case that we can assist with. If your case is referred for an appointment and we decide to take on your case, you will be required to pay a small administrative fee of between €10 and €50, depending on the type of application. The Legal Clinic is free for asylum seekers and people who are destitute. This fee will contribute to the cost of making an application on behalf of a client eg. printing, utilities, rent etc.
We greatly appreciate all donations. We recommend donations of between €10 and €100 when you visit the legal service if you can afford to do so. If you would like to know how you can support us, please click here. If you can afford to give more, we would be very grateful for a bigger donation. Your donations help keep our clinics open.
Our legal service is private, confidential and non-judgemental.
PLEASE NOTE – Our Walk In Hours have recently changed. From Friday 3rd March 2017, our Walk In and Legal Service will be closed all day on Fridays. Unfortunately this closure is necessary because of a reduction in our funding, coupled with the high level of casework that we currently have on hand. This reduction in service will enable the Nasc team to continue to deliver our high quality service and to continue to submit high-quality applications across a range of immigration and protection related issues.
|Monday||CLOSED AM||Doors open 2 PM|
|Tuesday||Doors open 9:30 AM||CLOSED PM|
|Wednesday||Doors open 9:30 AM||CLOSED PM|
|Thursday||Doors open 9:30 AM||CLOSED PM|
|Friday||CLOSED AM||CLOSED PM|
Important Information about our Walk In Service:
- Please note the service operates on a strict first-come, first-served basis. Only the FIRST FIVE PEOPLE will be seen at each Walk In session, so we recommend arriving early – our doors open at 9:30am in the morning or at 2pm after lunch, depending on the day.
- When you arrive, please let the receptionist know that you would like to attend walk-in. The receptionist will then take your name and add it to the list.
- Take a seat in our waiting area. Please note that if you do bring your children with you, you or another responsible adult will need to stay with them at all times.
- NOTICE: Renewal of SHAP Permissions
- NOTICE: Prioritisation of international protection applications
- NOTICE: We are changing our opening hours (February 27 2017)
- NOTICE: 20 day deadline on questionnaires from International Protection Office
- INIS Announce Commencement of the International Protection Act 2015
- NOTICE: Important Information about changes to Nasc’s Legal Service
- Nasc statement regarding impact of ‘Brexit’ referendum on UK Clients
- NOTICE: Translation & Interpretation Services available for Social Welfare recipients
For more information about the areas in which we work as well as to inform yourself about your rights either before or after attending our legal clinic, please visit our Know Your Rights page.